- This event has passed.
HIPAA – NEW Government Compliance Challenges and Solutions: Who is Getting Audited…and How They Get Caught
May 11 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
In this course, for both doctors and CAs, Dr. Talcott will explain how to simplify the implementation and maintenance of an appropriate HIPAA and OIG compliance program. He review the extensive lists of required and addressable standards, in the typical chiropractic or multidisciplinary clinic, so that the option exists for the doctor to delegate and/or oversee the majority of this process and/or participate to whatever level desired.
In the wake of the OIG report listing chiropractic as the number one profession for Medicare fraud and that 82% of all claims paid to chiropractors should be repaid to the government, you will learn what you need to know in order to avoid being ravaged by demands to return money that has been paid to you by Medicare.
- what needs to be done to prevent a ransom-ware attack that can close your office and get you fined by the government for a HIPAA violation; the greatest NEW threat to chiropractors
- learn how a simple mistake can turn into a federal investigation
- what is and is not legal in the area of fee compliance and dual fee systems
- how to perform a risk analysis and Information System Activity Review (ISAR)
- why patient HIPAA complaints (and disgruntled employee complaints) have increased over 300% per year, resulting in massive fines
- learn what is required of a HIPAA compliance manual and for OIG compliance
- the latest information, regarding how people get caught, the types of fines they face and how to protect your practice
These are just a few of the many points that will be covered in this jam-packed session!